MYSTERY OF LUNA#4444 - ANSWER ARC

Flashback to a Week Ago

Luna Grey and Hinata Solaire agree to meet up together at a Starbucks in Meridian one morning. Hinata enters the place and gets a macchiato as Luna flies into the store on her blue and white broomstick. She's in her Magical Girl form with an Erika Furudo cosplay on. Hinata looks up and applauds her for the stylized entrance.
 
"So Luna, it's nice to meet you finally." Hinata says with a smile and holding out a hand. Luna takes the hand and gently shakes it.
 
"Likewise Hinata. Violet told me a lot about you. You sound... a lot nicer than most of Solaire's employees." Luna says, while looking at Hinata's beautiful smile. She is immediately captivated by Hinata's style. "Nice kimono by the way."

They giggle lightheartedly. Hinata is wearing a black and yellow kimono with flowers on it. Her hair is fiery red and there is a pair of yellow heart sunglasses perched on her head. "Thanks Luna. Nice cosplay too. You play Umineko?"

"Yeah. I've been interested in detective fiction for as long as I could remember. So why not combine my passion for mystery with my other passion for visual novels. My favorite from it is Bernkastel. She's so cool!" Luna explains with a smile. Even so, something about Hinata's looks strikes Luna as eerily familiar. She just cannot place her finger on why.

"Ooooh yeah! I'm a fan of Lambdadelta myself! I love her dress. I wanna cosplay as her someday!" Hinata cheers. They notice Luna is seemingly deep in thought about something. "Something up?"

"Heh? Uh no no, it's nothing."

Hinata also notices Luna has not had a sip of her hot chocolate.

"So, Hinata, what's it like being the CEO?" she asks with a sigh.

"Honestly, Luna? I hate it. I have no experience even working, much less being the CEO of a massive multiveilar corporation. I'm not even allowed to help. I wanted to sell plushies and bring Solaire into a whole new market, but even that seems to have been corrupted. What am I going to do? If Solaire does something horribly wrong like they did in the past... I could go to prison for them. It's not fair!" Hinata is breathing heavily and attempting not to cry.

Luna notices and carefully puts a hand on Hinata's shoulder. "Then I guess I'll have to protect you too. I refuse to see such lovely people get destroyed by my creators. I promise you this Hinata. And I don't break those."

Hinata is taken aback slightly at first but instantly feels comfort. "Thank you Luna."

Luna and Hinata continue to chat about various things. Mostly Umineko and anime related things. They appear to have solidified a quick friendship.
---

theflowermaiden13:
 
 
So I think I have a theory. You said that her hair was yellow. All that is in your brain that you can connect yellow hair to the person is the Hinata4U plushies. Hinata's name means 'facing the sun.'

Hinata is 4444.
 
Luna: 
 
..........................................................

{- Critical hit. -}
 
---
 
Luna is sitting on the top bunk holding her head and groaning in pain. No amount of Advil could help this migraine. It feels like she is on the verge of a Mental Lock breakthrough. As Violet presents her theory, Luna grips her head in immense pain. Grunting and trying her very best not to scream. It's difficult. Horribly difficult. But after a few moments, the pain subsides and she falls from the top bunk to the ground. She is downed.

"Luna!" Margaret rushes over to her "You ok?! What happen?!" She checks breathing and for a pulse.

She is breathing and her pulse is fine. It appears that she is sleeping.

Margaret backs up and sits back down on the ground, a bit shocked she fell to the ground but trusts that she will be okay.

She will be. It's just a casual lock on her memories being chipped away and the resulting shock of everything rushing back to her. It hurts, but it almost feels freeing.
---
 
 
 
 
---
 
theflowermaiden13: So what happen in those 12 years? 
Hinata: A lot of bullshit. I hear my best friend managed to escape with Toby and Jane and I was genuinely stuck.
For so many years, I was trapped in Solaire's labs during their lawsuit. Unable to leave, unable to even see the Sun. Or my Moon.
There was nothing I could do but wait. Read.

And then fast forward to late last year. I was finally allowed out to spread the word that Solaire would be following in Luna's footsteps to other Worlds. They were fascinated by her journey and wanted to take advantage of it.

Gods I remember the day I got into this World. I went right over to a salon I found in town and got my hair dyed as revenge to the assholes who forced me away from my friends. Who forced me to have no life.  
 
---
 
Luna: it is really is you, isn't it Hina? You were obsessed with sunflowers, to the point where... I'm guessing you changed your name from 4444 to something more fitting.

...

I knew it wasn't just deja vu. When I saw your face, your eyes, I could only see my best friend. Genuinely. I missed you Hinata.

Hinata: One and the same Lulu. I've missed you a lot too! Wanna go grab coffee somewhere and catch up? I'd love to know all of the crazy adventures you went on.

Luna: As much as I would like to Hina, I need some time to process everything. Maybe sometime soon though.

Hinata: Fair. Just glad you've managed to live this long. You truly are my HERO.


The Mystery Of Luna#4444 Results:

MENTAL LOCK BROKEN.


 

Popular posts from this blog

CHANDRA

Private Sword Lessons

Funeral for the Fallen Soul