Birthday Maintenance



June 15 (?), 2023

ITEM LOG - May 27, 2023

FMS - LUNA SELENE NIGHTSHADE,  DO YOU READ ME. IT IS TIME FOR YOUR ANNUAL MAINTENANCE.

LU - IT'S GREY, NOT FUCKING NIGHTSHADE, I HATE THE FMS LAST NAME. KISS MY ASS!

FMS - FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN PROBLEMS FOR YOU AND YOUR COMRADES. PLEASE RECONSIDER BEFORE FORCE IS APPLIED.

LU - SUCK IT.

[ITEM LOG CLOSED]

------

ITEM LOG between LUNA, HINATA, REBECCA
Date - Unknown, seemingly before June 20.

HI - So Luna. What are you going to do about maintenance?

LU - I uh... I don't know. I'm worried that Solaire or FMS... or both even, will storm the house if I don't go. I don't want to see Tsukiyomi. Especially not alone, gods know what she'd do to me the moment I set my paw in her chambers.

HI - Well, I was thinking and... well, it'll be a little easier if I show you. Rebecca?

RE - Hello Miss Luna, how are you doing?

LU - Wait, you're an ADMIN now??? Sienna...???

RE - Technically yes, but I'm not here to cause you pain. In fact, unbeknownst to the companies, I plan to continue what my father started. Operation Solaire Eclipse is back on. As such, I want to do your maintenance. I know my father did it for you last year in a secure location. Please... let me help you.

HI - Yeah Lu, she told me all about her plan and how she can make it safe for it to happen. You won't have to speak to Tsukiyomi, Sol, or even Chandra. All you have to do is trust Rebecca and I.

LU - ...okay, if you're certain. I trust you two.

RE - Splendid. I'll see you on your creation date, Luna.

LU - Right. Thank you. Please protect me.

----
And so, on what I thought was June 20, also known as my Creation Date, I walked from home to Solaire to meet up with my girlfriend and Rebecca.
----

Luna walks in and sees Rebecca and Hinata changed the room around a bunch. It's incredibly nostalgic (yes things that happened last year are nostalgic to her). Rebecca is in the corner with some various machines, including the wand that performs maintenance scans.

"Oh hey Lunie, I told you we'd make it safe for you!" Hinata has the biggest smile on her face.

"Hello Miss Luna. I found the equipment from my father to do your maintenance." Rebecca has a soft smile. She's wearing a labcoat instead of her usual flowery dresses. She looks like a splitting image of her father with it on. On the lapel, the words "Solaire Enterprises" is there. Luna points it out. "Oh this, this was my father's. Fits me rather well, wouldn't you say?" She winks.

"Hah, yeah. Gods I miss Toby though. He was good to me." she sighs and sits on the couch

In the corner of the room is a couch with a machine that can scan minds for psychological, physical, and magical properties.

"Alright, I'm ready whenever you are Rebecca. And thank you."

As Luna lays down, Rebecca waves the wand over her body, being rather slow and methodical about it. Luna closes her eyes and takes a nap. The bed is really really comfy. "Hm. That's new. Usually LUNA models are rather good with its wiring processes." Rebecca says this because on the screen, this appears.


"Heh? Uh should we wake her up and let her know what's up?" asks Hinata.

"Yes. Best we get Luna's permission before we dig into her body. Please do not take this out of context." Hinata is confused as to how that could be perceived otherwise.

Luna is shaken awake and told about everything. She shakes her head. "No please. I don't want my data transmitted anymore."

"But Lu, may I call you that?" Rebecca requests. Luna nods. "Simply put, I worry that if your wiring doesn't get fixed, that Solaire or Full Moon Syndicate will go after you. And frankly, I would prefer to dodge that, lest Sol sics his mechs on you guys. You all got enough problems in your lives. Red skies, demons who killed my father, etc. Hinata told me about the monsters you guys fight too. That’s some scary shit."

Luna takes a deep breath and asks, "Hm. Okay. Will it hurt?"

"Not at all. You won't even feel a thing. And besides, I refuse to hurt you." Rebecca nods.

Luna nods and grips Hinata's hand tightly. She eventually falls asleep from some medication Rebecca gives her. When she wakes up, she feels like nothing has happened, but a few hours have passed. No bandages, no pain. But it appears the mission was a success. Her transmitter feels correct once more.

"Whoa, how did you do that?"

"My Surgical Precision magic allows me to perform internal duties on people from inside their body. I don't need to operate, unless it's to remove something from them. In your case, it was a simple wire reconnection. It seems like when you tore the collar off your neck, it was attached to something in your brain. I don't understand what LEADER Chandra was doing with that, but I don't like it. In any case, you should be good to go for another year." Rebecca finishes and slumps on the chair. "Oh and the mana cost, it makes me dead tired."

"Well thank you Rebecca. Genuinely." Luna smiles, but it's a tired smile.

"Well, that's that for another year Lu! Rebecca will send our data off so we can be left alone!"

Luna nods. "Anyway, I'll see you around Rebecca?" Rebecca nods and waves before falling asleep.

And the two of them, Luna and Hinata, disappear.

------

 That's how I got my maintenance done for another year. I have a feeling that Tsukiyomi and Chandra aren't going to be satisfied with this answer, but I don't really care honestly. I refuse to meet with them.

Until next time, this has been Luna and Krystal over and-- wait! If you would like to help me in my mind and help me make decisions and be one of my voices, please join me here: https://discord.gg/RwB2qmJz

Popular posts from this blog

Private Sword Lessons

The Abandoned House of Luna

The Guild of Chaos