Diary of the Lost Soul

 ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ʟᴏɢ - ᴍᴀʀᴄʜ 11, 2023

Violet leaves the forest and goes to Solaire Enterprises. When Violet enters the lobby, she notices things are about the same as before. Rebecca is wearing a pretty floral dress and has very light makeup on. She is extremely stylish. She sits at her desk seemingly bored and watching something on her phone. Violet goes up to Rebecca, greeting her. “Hey Rebecca! How are you doing?”

Rebecca looks up with a smile, "oh hello Miss Violet, welcome back." On the desk, a placard with her full name can be seen.

“Thank you Rebecca, I’m gonna head up to Hinata’s office if you don’t mind?”

Rebecca nods and presses the buzzer on her desk.

R: Hey Hinata, Violet's here.
H: Send her up!
R: You got it.
H: Thanks Miss Wright!

The usual elevator in the lobby opens up. "Have fun out there Violet."

“Thank you Rebecca. Same to you!” Violet heads into the elevator, waving as it closes. Rebecca returns to watching YouTube.

----

The elevator arrives with no sound whatsoever. As Violet steps out, she can see the office hasn't changed much at all, aside from the amount of figurines increasing. The potted sunflowers still face the window and there is a telescope near the window. Hinata, who is wearing a casual jacket and jeans, waves to Violet. "Oh hey Vi!"

“Hey Hinata! How are you doing this fine evening?” Violet says as she walks over to the telescope.


"I'm well, just taking it easy.  Honestly kind of bored." She notices Violet walking towards the telescope. "Do you like astronomy?"

“I dabble into it now and then. It’s nice to look at the stars now and then and just kinda take it in, ya know?” Violet says as she looks though the telescope. The fact that they're in an apocalypse and thus most lights are off makes for some great skywatching. Violet doesn't really see anything special, but the telescope does seem pointed towards the moon. She looks a bit offput by it so she repositions the telescope away from the moon.

“Did some redecorating I see?” Violet asks Hinata.

"Not really. I just went out and got more figurines. I figured Toby would want me to." Hinata sighs.

“Are you holding up alright?”

Hinata shrugs. "I never really had family before. My entire family are Luna, Toby, and Jane. Toby and Jane are gone from this world. So I'm doing alright in terms of living my life the best I can. But I'm lonely."

“I’m sorry to hear. Well if you need any company I’m here, and I’m sure [the kiss] are willing to help out too.”

Hinata nods and tears up a little bit. "Thank you. I want to get in touch with [the kiss], they seem like good people. But... I dunno. I'm nervous. Never really fought before, as I’m sure you could tell."

“You are a good fighter! But you know what they say, there is always room for improvement. For everyone. I think you should reach out. I think it would help you out.”

Hinata nods. "I think I will, thank you Violet. I hope they're able to accept you again as well."

Violet looks saddened by the comment. “Yea… I hope so too. I hope so too.”

Hinata senses the sadness in Violet’s language and tries to change the subject. "Uh so! Wanna watch anime or something together? Get us off the sad topics?"

“Um yea sure! Anything you want to do? If not, anime seems fine to me!”

"I have nothing planned. Solaire seems really silent as of late, almost too silent even. Uh." Hinata goes to put on the first episode of Land of the Lustrous, subbed. The big 70" screen television seems almost too big just for Hinata, as does the multiple seating areas. Or the popcorn machine. The two of them go to sit on the couch and watch. Hinata seems heavily invested in the show. Violet has been taking mental notes of the show out of pure routine. Like everything else, she must look at and take notes for.

After some episodes were watched, Hinata had fallen asleep and Violet looks around the office after wrapping a blanket on her. The office is really nice looking. Lots of books behind the desk, different anime figurines on the shelves. There's the closet from before over in the corner. The window spans the length of the far wall.

There is also a rather thick book on the desk. It is a leather-bound book with no title. It appears to be well-loved and rather worn. Violet opens it up out of curiosity.

>>>! Diary of the Lost Soul - ♫ 6zUEI6z6iaU


The book appears to be a diary of sorts, one kept by Toby Crescent Wright. It's rather large and doesn't seem to have a table of contents. The first page makes its intentions quite clear..
---

To Hinata,

I am sorry we never could return. There is nothing that will ever allow me to forgive myself and Jane for leaving you. Even as I write this years later, I refuse to forget you Hinata. I always though of you as a close friend, even a daughter. As reconciliation for my mistakes, I'm leaving you this. A diary of my past.

I am not exactly the person you think I am.

In any case, read if you wish. Or don't. It is fully up to you.

Regards,
Toby Crescent Wright - ADMIN

---
Violet looks surprised in realizing Toby was an ADMIN all along, and his diary is in her hands. Curiosity killed the cat, as she thinks, but she reads on, choosing one of the later pages. It doesn’t seem feasible to read the whole thing before Hinata wakes up.
---
>>>>! Loading

July 27, 2011:

I don't understand why Jane is pushing me to go through with this. It's not like this level of humiliation will be worth it in the long run. But she is the queen bee of this relationship, so I guess there's nothing I can do. But why her. Why do I need to do this? Luna is innocent. She does not deserve to have to go through the heartbreak of losing another friend. Maybe she'll be smart enough to understand.

...okay Jane. I'll do it. For the better of our world, I will do it. Not for my sake. I still love you Jane. With all of my heart. Just... gotta find a new place to live now.

---

Violet flips to a further page. As Violet flips through the pages, she notices quite a few of the pages were ripped out rather messily. It’s unclear why. Nearer to the end of the book, she finds a somewhat recent entry.
---
>>>>! Loading

June 20, 2022

It's her birthday once more. I have been trying to contact her for her regular maintenance so we could have a chat in private. I am unable to speak my mind most times about her physiology, but I always feel as though I'm safer around Luna. Just the aura she gives off. I don't understand why.

She was designed to be the savior of our World, even despite Solaire's intentions. ...you know what no. In case she ever finds this diary, I am not the ADMIN of Solaire. Solaire is nothing more than the public face for the real creators. THEIR real creators.

Hinata, Luna, if you ever find this, I have been keeping something from you. Something that may change the way you look at Jane and I forever. I can only hint at what it is however, otherwise I may perish.

Look to Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, and Ant man.

---
Hinata appears to be tossing and turning in her sleep. Seems she's experiencing a bad dream. Violet takes note of that as she closes the book and walks over to Hinata, sitting down as she pats her head, hoping to help calm down her nightmare

“It’s okay Hinata. I’m here,” Violet says in a calm, soothing voice

Hinata wakes up with a blush on her face. "Oh,, uhhey vi,, thanks.. that dream was awful," she yawns.

“Want to talk about? Or not because that’s fine as well.”

"heh? oh you mean the dream? uhm.." she takes a deep breath, seems she not fully awake. "sure. i was standing outside next to lulu under an eclipse when i heard bell sounds and i saw a lot of fire and death,,, luna was so strong and pretty, i love her so much,, she kept by my side to keep me safe.. i saw the full moon peering over at us wuth disgust. we flipped it off." she chuckles. "and then thats when i woke up.”

“Well at least it does not sound too bad.” Violet chuckles a bit too. (ᴀʟᴀɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ???)

Hinata dozes back off.

Violet smiles as she heads towards the elevator As Violet heads out, the last line of the June 20, 2022 diary page sticks out to her like a sore thumb. Maybe something she should research. The elevator opens, and Violet tries to research what that could mean.

---

On reaching the lobby, Rebecca does not seem to be there. Perhaps she’s taking a break. That said, a white-robed individual stands in the lobby. They have Solaire Enterprises’ logo on the left side of their chest and seem to exude

A white robed person stands in the lobby. They have Solaire Enterprises' logo on the left side of their chest and seem to radiate some kind of weird energy.

Violet walks up to the white robed person, “Good evening.” They stay silent and turn around to ignore Violet. On their back is a black circle with a white crescent moon shape on it.

Violet notices the moon, “Alright I guess not the approach needed.” Violet faces the figure again as her eyes are changed to a deep blood red “Do you want to be a drop dead corpse or do you want to keep your miserable life?”

The individual turns around. On closer inspection, Violet notices the person is wearing a white mask that seems to hide all facial features. Think like a shy-guy mask. "Drop-dead corpse? Look I just want to be left alone ma'am." Its voice is feminine.

“Be left alone? Then leave Hinata alone. Because if you touch a hair on her I will make your body a mutilated corpse for display for all of Solaire to see.” While she speaks, her skin seems to now have a hue of red.

"I wasn't even here for Lady Hinata. I have an appointment with someone else." The person sounds terrified and is shaking.

“Explain the logo on your back then? It has been shown repeatedly that you and your group have bad intentions toward Hinata and Luna. Tell me, who do you have an appointment with.”

The person stays silent.

“I see. I don’t think I made myself clear enough.” Violet, in a quick motion, twists the person’s arm behind their back as she summons a knife. She points it at their back so they know they are at knife-point. “Now would you like to say who your appointment is with, or would you like to be paralyzed for the rest of your life?”

"...I cannot, otherwise I will die. But seeing how I'm either going to die or become paralyzed for life... uhm. I'll just be honest. Jan called me here." The individual is crying now.

“Lead me where you are meeting. Now.” She still keeps them at knife point.

"I have no idea. Ms Wright was to lead me there." it chokes out. "I'm new here, you have to believe meeeee!"

Violet releases them. “Well then. I have all the time in the world to wait for Rebecca.”

Speak of the devil’s name and he shall respond. Rebecca walks out of the adjacent hallway and sees a very very red Violet and Jan's 3:30 appointment. "What in the fuck." she looks terrified. "Did you get a sunburn?"

Violet returns to her usual gray color. “No I can just change my skin color. Nothing to worry about.”

The cloaked being shakes their head fearfully, as if saying, 'be very worried about it.'

Rebecca nods to the grunt. "So what's all this then? I was in my room watching TV and then I see from the corner of my eye on the surveillance system that Violet has a knife to them. Oh right your appointment." The grunt disappears in a flash of light after Rebecca presses a button on her console.

“Rebecca. Take me to them. Please. For the Many Gods Above out there please. I will explain everything just please.”

"I cannot." Rebecca shakes her head sadly, then leans in close. "They'll kill me," she whispers.

“Dang it…” Violet sighs. “Fine. But if you have anything you can tell me without getting hurt that would be wonderful.”
Violet turns to go, but then turns back around, “Please don’t tell Hinata about this please. I don’t want her to worry.”

Rebecca nods. She writes something down in a Solaire Enterprises informational pamphlet and gives it to Violet. "Have a good day Miss Violet."

“Thank you Rebecca.” Violet leaves. As soon as she makes it outside, she reads the pamphlet. The pamphlet is basically a lot of information on Solaire. There's information on their past and current products in a predictably professional tone. It talks about the portal technology they developed, which led to the creation of Bags of Holding. And then it goes into how they evolved the portals to expand into other such products, ones they call their “Holding” line of products. It appears Solaire’s Meridian branch is one example of such a product.

It also details some of Jan’s philanthropy work, especially in the realm of creating food and sustainable water using their genetics efforts. Absolutely nothing about the LUNA project or Project H is mentioned within the pamphlet.

On the last page, in red ink, is a phrase:

Avengers #1 - 1963, Hinata's Office - Rebecca Sienna Wright.
---

Some time later, Violet heads to Twitter to ask about Avengers #1.

V: Hey @LadyHinata4U? Can you look at your comics? Specifically the first Avengers comic?

H: Heh?
...
...
...
...
I don't think I have that…

V: Can you check please?

H: ...
...
...
.
I cannot.

V: Everything alright? Why can’t you?

H: ...
I am sorry.
But certain things need to stay secret.
I am aware you read through his diary.

V: I’m sorry. I just wish to help figure all this out. For the sake of you all.

H: 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭.
...
I am sorry Violet, but that is my answer. If you can tell me who Toby truly is, then I can show you. Consider this my own mental lock. Until then, this line of questioning is over.

ᴀʟᴀɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ - ʜᴏᴘᴇꜰᴜʟʟʏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴇɴᴛʀʏ ᴏɴ ʙʟᴏɢꜱᴘᴏᴛ. ɪᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ꜱᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ɪᴛꜱ ᴘᴜʀᴘᴏꜱᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴊᴀɴᴇ, ʟᴜɴᴀ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴘʟᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ꜰᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ. ꜰᴜʀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴘᴏꜱᴛᴇᴅ ᴠɪᴀ ᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴏᴄɪᴀʟ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟꜱ.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Private Sword Lessons

The Abandoned House of Luna

The Guild of Chaos